Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simply O.C.

O. C.
Yes, you read it right. O. C.
People think I am, and I think so, too.


They say it is a disorder. But I claim the opposite thought. :)


Endless thinking, editing, posting, removing pictures and changing layouts for my blog got me hooked for the past days. The cycle goes on and on and on. I ended getting mad at myself: "When will I ever stop? When will I ever get satisfied with how my blog looks like?"


I just want it to appear simple, but nice.


Grrr. What's with me?
Comforting myself, I know I am having my moments again... my O. C. moments. But this one has to stop. It is time to be kind to myself. Okay. Fine. It is alright. So now, I 'think' I am done with the blog layout. This is final. I hope. :)


Since I already brought this one up, journey with some of my "O. C.-ness":


  • I am a straight line fanatic --- die hard. So I bring a ruler with me. All the time. Can't live without it. Drawing lines, bars, graphs at school, at work and "church" is heaven if ruler comes in handy. I get so irritated if I don't do it straight. By whatever means... I have to get it straight.
  • Are the books on my shelf arranged by height? by size? There you have it. I will not dare miss a centimeter.
  • Clothesline. After a fulfilling laundry time, seeing my clothes hanged by color make it sweeter. All the reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, together. Rainbow bright! :)
  • I always rearrange my room. I keep on moving things around... every other week. But if I am at the peak, I do it every week.
  • And the list goes on... some things I find very minute and unnecessary. Needless to say.


But, there's a catch. As human as I am, I have not also been a full-pledged O. C. I mess up at times. So there's really nothing to boast. The O. C. level varies with my 'hormones'... if it has really something to do with that. But if I mess up, I know something is wrong, and am burdened to put it right. It's hard sometimes, seeing that I walk through extremes.

It just makes me smile to think that this O. C. lady is accepted and embraced by the ONE who created her. HE cheered me at my best O. C. days, and stood by me at my worst messed up days. But I am so secured with the fact that HE loves me despite of the extremes. Oh, my, HE bore so much of me already. HE's just too patient. 



The bottom line is this, changing things will never stop. We will always see something new to change each day. It means that things can always be done better, finer, brighter, and all the other 'ERs' we can possibly think of. At least it is a good mark of not settling for anything less, a mark of upholding perfection and excellence in progress.


By the way, I am not the only O. C. in existence. There are lots out there... walking around.


Oh, see? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...