Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Sneak Peek of the Streak

"It will be Streaks of Penned Thoughts..." 
said I, as I swiveled gently on the office chair. The heart of beginning a blog took me like forever. Naming it, barely a minute. It was so sudden and may appear thoughtless, but it was a product of my 'thinking years'. 


Although I wanted to keep mum about delving into blogging, there's something in me that wants to know if it's going to make sense or not. So I thought of asking my sister.


So, I did.


SMS: "Writing. Parang thought-to-hand writing. Parang as u read the writen form, it also alows u to think or folow d thought dynamics of d writer. Parang kung pano ung thought trail nung writer, ung dynamics and substance ng thoughts nya un ang mababasa mo. Ang effect e parang as u read, u think as d writer did as he was thinking while he writes his thoughts and their dynamics." (Sentence construction, spelling & format retained)


On the other side of town, as I was writing the draft of this post, my other sister, the bubbly one, was trying to peek in what's keeping me busy. Well, in her subtle persistence, she succeeded reading the blog name. 


Streaks of Penned Thoughts??? 


 "Aha! I knew it!  It's you! You named your blog after you. Sounds so much how I call you, PEN-DOTS! Streaks of Pendots!" 


How I laughed! 


So I found her, patting herself, delighted of her decoding achievement. Hehe. She 'might' have guessed the Penned Thoughts, but still has left Streaks behind.


But I did not realize that. She got me there. :)


There you have my sisters. Streaks of Penned Thoughts, in their understanding and 'hearing'.


*   *   *


So, what's with the name? Simple. Nothing spectacular.


Penned Thoughts


Being much of a thinker than a talker, the blogger leans on directing her thoughts into strokes than making thoughts audible. But sometimes, her thoughts run in a speed of light, even before her hands scribble. Not wanting to take those vast, spur of the moment thoughts about her life & faith into waste, she set her hand to motion. Write it down. Mark it down. Pen it down. 


As thoughts make its way, from thought-to-hand writing, or blogging should I say, may its form come forth gracefully, in dashes, smears, in band of colors like


Streaks, and not just blurts.


A novice, creative writer in her own right, this blogger's utmost desire is to give glory to her Lord, the One who has given her the heart to capture the thoughts, and hands to do the work. 


"And to Him I dedicate this blog." :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...