Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Grace to Stay & the Grace to Go

Last night, while thinking on a sleepless bed, I plainly said,
"Lord, I am afraid."
That was all I have to say to the One who sees me behind closed doors. When everything has been said & done, come & gone, it has always been Him. Always have, always will. Many or few are the words, I know He listens. That's my perpetual assurance.


To face and stand in a major road fork will really cause you to call out to the heavens. But the kind of fear that goes with it is just goes to acknowledge and prove that we can't do anything without God. I desire to fulfill God's purposes for me, nothing more, nothing less.


Stay ashore, or go and set the sail?




THE GRACE TO STAY
"If your Presence does not go with [me], do not send [me] up from here." Exodus 33:15, personalized
Aware of what's  happening, the Lord met me where I was. He knows well that that kind of crossroad scares me. But comforted me yet again of the His grace. I was silenced. 


THE GRACE TO GO
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:2-3 (NIV1984)
I know the Lord will just ask one thing of me,
"Trust Me."
The Lord speaks, doesn't He? He has His own ways of making His voice heard. Then I was gradually led to this poem, penned by an anonymous author:


** THE WILL OF GOD **

The will of God will never take you,
Where the grace of God cannot keep you.
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the power of God cannot endow you.

The will of God will never take you,
Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the army of God cannot protect you,
Where the hands of God cannot mold you.

The will of God will never take you,
Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the mercies of God cannot sustain you,
Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.

The will of God will never take you,
Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.


No greater amount of comfort can out stand that that night. If it will take a 'rhema' Word or a poem to send me to sleep, He'll do it. I do and will trust the Lord, for my hope is built on nothing less. :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the 23rd of July 2012. Stumbling upon this song made me remember this post. I felt the need and urge to post it here. Funny thing, as I posted this that has something to do with water ~ staying ashore & setting the sail, this video does the same thing ~ Walking On The Water as title. Isn't that neat? :)




2 comments:

Josephine said...

This will be a leap of faith. A date has been marked. Countdown starts, today.

Josephine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...