Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

On Pinholes & Silver Linings

It was April 18, 2003 to be exact, when our Small Group Leader/Facilitator handed me this note card:


Hi! Take time to gaze at the sky tonight. Stars are like pinholes of heaven. Imagine one day, God will take out the dark sky & heaven's glory will burst out on you. Perfect. We will be transformed! Have a great time here in KC. ~ Ate Grace 


We were then on our one month leadership camp, Kawayan Camp [KC] in Cebu. The campsite, being in a faraway mountainside province, is really perfect for stargazing. 




I read the note with a smile, "Tonight will be perfect." And true enough, those pinholes did not fail me.



"Stars are like pinholes of heaven." --- indeed!


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


On the other side, at 0:44 ~




~ "You've got to face the cloud to find the silver lining..."  


It was in this song I've heard of that word the first time.


Since I love to write, my ears are kind of drawn, attentive and sharp to newly-heard words, words that fall soft on the ears. So, I e-flipped some pages and checked the word out.


A silver lining is...
  • a sign of hope in an unfortunate or gloomy situation; a bright prospect
  • a comforting or hopeful aspect of an otherwise desperate or unhappy situation
  • an element of hope or redeeming quality in an otherwise bad situation
  • and is associated with this ---

Every cloud has a silver lining.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


This quarter welcomed me quite differently. Most of the days were bleak. Making major decisions come frequently & somewhat demanding. Loneliness keeps on creeping in. It's overwhelming to welcome them all at once. But I opened myself to a season such as this with tranquility, silence, quietness but with firm confidence in the Lord.


As I wrap up my week tonight, I just want to keep looking up --- towards the sky, towards the heavens. It maybe dark, but my faith and hope are still up. Though vast is the darkness, still there are pinholes, still there are silver linings. Still there are streaks, beams and rays of light trying to make its way out to be seen. 


As I look forward to eternity with a smile, indeed on that Day, God will take out the dark sky and His light will burst out on all of us.


Thank You for the pinholes and silver linings. A reminder of hope in our bleakest, and in our darkest.


"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living."
Psalm 27:13 (NKJV) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...