Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Zechariah Moment (The Story)

Self-composure gave in. I caught myself shedding tears under the sheets at past three o'clock in the morning today.

Hormones? Maybe.
A woman thing? I don't know.

But one thing I do know. A memory revisited me, welling up my eyes to tears.

It was one Tuesday afternoon. It was November 2004.

Me on the phone: "Ate, can you come? I am here in school."

No questions.

She came. I poured out my heart and tears like there's no tomorrow. She listened.

That was all. That was enough.

Thirteen years today, she still is my friend, my mentor. She remained close to my heart. And she will forever be.

That's the kind of people you won't forget. That's the kind of memory that leaves me to tears remembering how someone cared, how someone listened, how someone learned of your lowest and darkest days yet chose to love you even deeper.

---

Ate Elay bought me a mango shake to cool me down after my breakdown. Guess what? The following day, I was left without a voice. Totally. Funny it was but it meant a lot. I took it as God's natural (yet funny) gesture to quiet my fears as I witness His miracle of the moment. And yes, my God did not fail. My God did not disappoint. God showed Himself strong on my behalf. He is building up my faith. 

It was then my Zechariah moment was coined and birthed.




I hope I can get a better sleep tonight. I hope I won't be crying under the sheets again, at least for tonight. But for a Zechariah moment, I welcome you anytime. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...