Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grace Found Me At 17

"I think I haven't asked you yet - what's your favorite number?" Mom asked one time over dinner. We were discussing 'numbers' then, its meaning and significance as it appear in the Scriptures.

"I like number 46 in a sense that it's a sentence that has 46 letters,

but in terms of depth and meaning, my favorite number is 17."


To start, I was born on the 9th day of August, the 8th month. Adding up 9 and 8 will give you 17.

It was then I was given the gift of life. The grace to live, not just to exist. That was my first life.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, you saw my unformed body." (Psalm 139:13,15)

Then God's grace led me to Him. He made manifest His love for me through His Word and through testimonies of other people - how He has given His life so we might live. I was drawn not in a religion, but in a personal relationship with Him. It was on April 17, 1991. That was my second life.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  (John 3:16)

Now, it's eternal life

Isn't the Lord amazing? Everything begins and ends with Him. :) 

Then through a site I also looked:

Seventeen stands out very prominently as a significant number. It is not a multiple of any other number, and therefore it has no factors. Hence it is called one of the prime (or indivisible) numbers. What is more, it is the seventh in the list of the prime numbers.
The prime number series runs 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, etc. Thirteen, it will be noted, is also a prime number, and is therefore important; but it is the sixth of the series: hence it partakes of the significance of the number 6, and is indeed an intensified expression of it.
In like manner Seventeen being the seventh of the series, it partakes of and intensifies the significance of the number seven. Indeed, it is the combination or sum of two perfect numbers - seven and ten - seven being the number of spiritual perfection, and ten of ordinal perfection.
Contrasted together the significance of these two numbers is clear; and when united in the number Seventeen we have a union of their respective meanings, viz., spiritual perfection, plus ordinal perfection, or the perfection of spiritual order.
The number 17 signifies "vanquishing the enemy" and complete victory in Christ." 
During the days of Noah, God vanquished rebellious mankind by the flood which He began on the 17th day of 2nd month. The ark came to rest on the 17th day of the 7th month.
Jesus was victorious over death when God raised Him from the dead on the 17th day of the first month.
The 17th time love is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13, it says, "[The] greatest of [all] is LOVE" (verse 13). Hence, the love of God (John 3:16) is victorious in all things. 
The number seventeen (not the word merely) has a significance of its own, and therefore an importance which must be taken into account wherever it appears in the Word of God by itself or as a factor.
Read more? 

On top of it all, I am truly grateful that Grace, personified by the Lord Jesus found me at 17. From my first life to second life, the gift of eternal life.

By the way, happy birthday to me. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...