Pages

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Mic Test 1, 2, 3

I am not going to sing. This will not be about songs or singing either. Just to tell you in case the title of this post has made you expect that. :)


Before I count the coming weeks as still-busy-after-office, I'd rather take this pause for a short while before I stand, tap the microphone and say,


Mic test 1, 2, 3.



Three invitations came - one by one, week after week.

A phone call, an up-face conversation, and an email all received last month will be bringing me to places where I do not usually spend my days and will be giving me that opportunity the Lord has so long prepared.

It is something that has been placed in my heart by the Lord. It then turned into a prayer that someday, I will be again ministering to His people. I do not know how or when. One thing I know, I want to do something for Him and for His people.

With an introverted type of personality, I generally do not like the stage, the limelight, the microphones. I'd rather be part of an audience. I am a 'Moses counterpart':

"Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."
"The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (Genesis 4:10-12)

What shall I say to this then? Guess what?

I said yes... to all three.

So, my coming weeks will be devoted much on spending time in His presence, studying His Word, and all the other things related to it. I basically have these tools with me - my choicest tools and companions should I say:



My Bible is already open. I am about to begin. I entrust everything to the Lord as I prepare, before I stand before men and say,


Mic test 1, 2, 3.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


(1) The Tale Of Two Whining Souls 
Luke 18:18-30 & 19:1-10

(2) Your Name At The CROSSroad 
Genesis 32:22-32 & Acts 9:1-9

(3) Stewardship
Selected verses


So help me God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...