Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Friendship Chapter


I miss my friends. I miss them in a sense that before, I had a 'daily' or 'regular' time spent with them. Some of them were my schoolmates so we see and talk with each other almost everyday. Some were inter-church friends who I regularly meet then for activities, fellowships, etc.


Things and situations really do change. Friends oftentimes are separated from each other because of very valid reasons relating to family, work and ministry. Having been conditioned for those kind of changes, I have accepted it with love and grace. :)


Friends are treasures. And I thank the Lord for blessing me with them. They may not be as many as one can think of, but I can say I have few real ones. That's the real deal about friends isn't it?


My human strength may fail (and it so often does) to prove what a treasure they are to me, but the Lord knows how they are sincerely well-cherished in my thoughts and in my heart.


Okay, I am getting a bit softer. Well, I miss them, so please bear with me... at least for this post. :)


What inspired this post was the thing that happened yesterday. It was just simple and sudden so, please don't expect to read something magical here. :)


I went up to my room for a very quick wash up then this came up to mind:


1 Corinthians 13 ... 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a. Okay, I know that's the 'Love Chapter'. But now what? I knew I needed to stop for a moment. So, I took my Bible, took a seat, and intently read it. If you may, for this time, read it with me again: 



Reading this passage yesterday touched me in a different way. Missing my friends & with the Lord reminding of this love chapter has made me see how friendship, or being a friend really is ~ in God's eyes. So I came up with this 'Friendship Chapter':


"A friend is patient, a friend is kind.
He does not envy, he does not boast,
he is not proud. He is not rude,
he is not self-seeking, he is not easily
angered, he keeps no record of wrongs.
A friend does not delight in evil but rejoices
with the truth. He always protects. He
always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
A friend never fails..."




I closed my Bible with a smile and uttered a simple prayer of thanks for the gift of God-inspired friendships I realized that day.


Then from my room I came out with a washed up face and heart to finish my day away. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...