Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Message That Fire Can't Burn

"What do you think is this?"

"Ah-uhm, another edited photo?" I innocently asked.

I received no as a reply. At first look, the picture shown to me can't just be ~ unedited. Come on. With a lot of photo editing tools in cyberspace readily available, this can't just be real. 

I looked once, twice, thrice.

Okay, I give in, it's unedited. What's with this picture then? I leaned forward trying to listen to every word. Now it's me, from the picture to the story. Then they showed me something again:




"... Our humble, old church building was caught up in fire. The flames were slowly killing our church, our sanctuary, our second home. Members, families and onlookers came. We can't do anything but stop, stare and pray from a distance..."

After the flames died down, from the remains and rubble they all gathered around. They all looked and checked what was left from the disaster that struck their church walls but, most of all their hearts.

This is what they have found. This was the unedited picture I was telling you about:



It gripped their hearts seeing this among the remains. There's a touching, heartfelt message that the fire wasn't able to burn. The message reached them and comforted them.

Some messages can't just be burned by tragedies and disasters. Sometimes, they deliver it actually. The message can come swiftly or slowly. Whichever way, it always reaches the hearts and touches the lives of those who are intended and willing to receive it.

So, fire, you may have conquered buildings and walls but there will always be something that you simply can't burn.

---

*Note to readers:
Thank you for reading. This post was intentionally written short. May I request that the video and picture may not be transmitted, transferred, copied or reproduced in any form or manner. Thank you very much. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...