Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Simple Joy 5 : The Humble Pair

Blog Project, 2013Simple Things, Great Joy

If you want to know the background or context of this post, click here. :)

This is one of the simple things I own that I try to hide in my closet as much as I can. But this blog challenge happens to make me do otherwise. Come, spill the beans, as if to say.




This humble pair has been my ever faithful dance partner. I couldn't dance without the touch of it. I couldn't belt out the dance spirit when I'm not wearing it.

I may have had a lot of times on the stage, platform or limelight dancing my heart away. But, if there is a place where I'd like to dance wearing this humble pair THE MOST, well, it's not the center stage ~ but the backstage. Really.

It's in the backstage (which happens to be my room) my dances are first prayed for, conceptualized, choreographed and the like. Nothing ever comes closely special to that. 

This ballet shoes always had the first feeling of me tripping over, of me loosing balance, of me experiencing trial & error in choreography, of me laughing at myself when I feel so silly while forming a dance.

But you know what, this humble pair has never left me. It's always with me... from the backstage to the center stage... from the draft to the final cut.

Since dancing has been very much a part of me, I don't just wear my ballet shoes when there's an invitation to dance. I wear them if I feel like dancing at any given time... on waking up, on free time, even before bed time. I dance when the doors are shut, when the lights are out... even when nobody's watching me out. So, my humble pair should always be within reach.

If I'm not reading, if I'm not writing or blogging, guess what? 

I'm dancing. :)

I guess if my ballet shoes can speak, it will always ask me, 

May I have this dance?

Oh, sure my dear, come and dance with me. :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...