Pages

Friday, November 07, 2014

The Patience that Runs

In context with Something on a Midday.

At times I forget what happened that midday. I am now really thankful I had written that. This life, where every thing seems to be a journey and a battle, I need to be gently reminded of the reasons why I do what I do today. That post serves as a bookmark for me.

I was then led to have Streams in the Desert as a devotion companion again. It is an epic, a classic, and a timeless companion. I don't know. It feels so much of a home for me each time I read it. Oh, heavens!

The page I turned to one day brought a kind of message that ministered to me... to silence all my fears, to release me from my worries and all ~ big time.


Let us run with patience. (Hebrews 12:1 KJV)
================================================= 
There is another kind of patience that I believe is harder to obtain ~ the patience that runs.
. . . but I know of something that suggests even greater strength ~ the power to continue working after a setback, the power to still run with a heavy heart, and the power to perform your daily tasks with deep sorrow in your spirit. This is a Christlike thing!
. . . Yet what is so difficult is that most of us are called to exercise our patience not in bed but in the open street, for all to see. We are called upon to bury our sorrows not in restful inactivity but in active service ~ contributing to other people's joy. No other way of burying our sorrow is as difficult as this, for it is truly what is meant by running with "patience". 
================================================= 

Oh, that feels so much. 

Let us run with patience. It is quite an invitation. It is quite a choice.

An invitation to patience. I don't know how appealing it can become.

The past months made me feel and know the tender, softer and the vulnerable side of me. Touch base reality, I shed tears on silent times. Whichever side I turn to, I was made to realize and embrace the truth that really, this is how my journey was designed. Run the race, my dear. Run patiently.

What I have right now is the call to carry on softly, calmly and, patiently. Though at times, it becomes a challenge when circumstances seem to push me to do otherwise. With things and a vision bigger than myself, I know I just need to rest and trust God's sovereignty and timing. Easier said than done but that's how things come to pass. I don't want to sound preachy but really, God cannot be taken out of the equation.

I am just counting days and the next leg of the journey is about to begin. The course is ready, it is set and on place. I am willing to run the race with the kind of patience that runs.

Ever trusting. Ever believing. Ever praying.

So help me God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...