Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Behind the Dance & the Stars


This is more of my journey to redemption from a particular thing that has been beyond my power to control (this sounds like a confession now). As all of us are a work in progress, this post would certainly remind me that in order for bad things or influences to lose control over one's life, a bold, intentional and conscious effort must be put in. And that with God's strength and grace, we can be victors and overcomers.

I am beyond words how the Lord personally, gently, patiently, creatively and carefully took me out of it. I am touched beyond words how He feels my struggles and weaknesses and is in complete knowing of my journey of faith.

It started when my sister showed me a video on YouTube which she then posted on my Facebook timeline:





You may view the video from here, too:




The dance, the song, the message and everything in it kept me on the groove and brought me back to life. I even viewed the video countless times leading me to related videos one after the other. I got hooked! which is definitely a very good thing. I was awakened to hopes and dreams that I have not shared with anyone. The videos became more than just an entertainment. It's more than just a show 'Dancing with the Stars' for me. It served as God's gentle and gradual way of redeeming me from the thing that has been enticing me away from Him. It is like, the more I watch, the more I am being redeemed. :)

Redemption, I believe is not a one time act but a daily journey. I remember a line from a song which says, "Savior please, keep saving me..." I am more than thankful that I am being redeemed by Him every single day. By His grace I can say, I am HIS everyday.

I am comforted with the truth that God cares, really. He will use personal ways to have His message come across. And that message reached me. More so, I am thankful that we have a God Who is patient. Had it not been the case, I am done... all done and gone. 


The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)

If you are currently on the redemption road, be willing to be led. You will be surprised how God will creatively and personally redeem you. If the videos worked for me, I wonder what He will use for you. ;)

---

... and by the way, this blogger turned out to be a 'Dancing with the Stars' fan now. Heehee. 

Blessings everyone! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...