Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Black Before White

Looking back at the past eight months of this year, I am left in awe of how the Lord came to my aid and helped and led me to different breakthroughs of my life. One of those is this silent, long test of waiting, forbearance and resilience. 


"It is just my sincerest prayer that God, 
by His grace will keep my spirit alive and going and fighting. 
Understand defeat but never to embrace surrender."


Yes, that was me, somewhere, sometime when I wrote Something on a Midday
True enough, there were 

incalculable defeats, 
inexplicable disappointments and 
insurmountable discouragements. 

To some, I kind of prepared myself but to some, it came by surprise leaving me disoriented and disillusioned. Which way to go then? Just keep on pushing, keep on moving forward. Understand defeat but never embrace surrender.

We did Lord, we did it. :'(

To those times I felt alone on this journey, You were there.
To those times I experienced lack to keep things going, You provided.
To those times I felt I can't give more, You were my strength & made me carry on.

June 18, 2019.
I welcomed this victory in silence and in simplicity. Though this was not a loud celebratory one, I kept and treasured this in my heart quietly and sincerely with the deepest of gratitude to God, my Maker, my Friend, my Constant Companion. Thank you, Lord. Thank you.




Now that by God's grace I was made to wear Black, in ninety-five days as of typing, I will be wearing White... a simple prayer I uttered last year as I can remember.

2019 indeed is my year of breakthrough. 
Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...