Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Clean. Read. Blog.

I shall be kissing January good-bye soon. The remaining days of the first month that welcomed my 2012 is now lesser than my 10 fingers to count.


At first, I just wanted to keep my eyes closed, lips tight, as I pass through this month. I actually do not want 'Januarys' in terms of work. It means MAJOR deadlines await me! Wrapping up last year's up & about financials would really drive someone nuts if you are not conditioned and prepared. But with this, I thank the Lord. I have learned my lesson from the previous years. So here I am now, again, unravelling my pen before this month comes to an end.


Business Emails? READ and DONE.
Deadlines? MET.
Reports? SUBMITTED. 


Hoorah! 


Okay, enough. That was just my introduction. 


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

One of the things that struck my mind when I was planning on this post was this:





Discussing or reviewing this movie is FAR from my intent. The one that really captured me was the title: 


EAT PRAY LOVE.


Now that my January is about to end, and that I am excited, I am again so looking forward to the things that I usually do after a tough, nerve-wrecking season:


CLEAN.  READ. BLOG. 

Clean. I am a detailed, meticulous cleaner. If I can't clean it well, I would rather not clean at all. That helped me a lot to discipline myself in terms of doing things. It is as if saying, do it right the first time so, I do not have to do it all over again. But the downside to that is, while waiting for the "perfect cleaning moment" I just pile things up! I end up finding myself in a mountain of mess that requires a lot of major cleaning to do!

But of course, after a tough time, I do not want to stress myself in cleaning. So, to make cleaning sweet, this I learned: Unclutter As You Go. Then I will not be gearing my energy to cleaning little unnecessaries. Good girl. ;)

I also clean so I will be prepared and ready to - 

Read. Nothing soothes me more than reading in my green abode. In my reading list, my Bible is the one constant. The rest are variables. The constant is always at its station: bedside table. I see to it that it is always within my arm's reach, readily available for me to read. The variables are on my shelf. I pull out one that I think I need at a given moment, then also on the bedside I put. As of this time, I am reading Max Lucado's "Cure for the Common Life (Living in your Sweet Spot)". I can't wait to finish it. A very good one! I savor and devour every word!



Then after a good read, I am just revved up to - 

Blog. The term seems to solely apply to web logging. But I do not want to limit to that. It covers writing both on journals and on the blogosphere. 

I have with me a journal that I use for weekly pulpit sermon notes and staff devotions notes at work. A journal where I write those rhema words, spur of the moment reflections and thoughts. And those I get to read, review and write about when I am in time's luxury.

And a 'dream book' I also have. Dream book/journal that also turned out to be a journal of one but has a purpose of three: (1) Prophetic words spoken to me, (2) the most daring and musing prayers I claim in life & ministry, and (3) dreams, wishes & blessings released upon my life by people surrounding me. 



And, now of course, I have this blog that I just started late last year. My nook - where writing is not harnessed but nurtured, where expression styles are not criticized but welcomed, in whatever form they come. :)



After a work's load has left me weary, these things make me happy.

If Julia has her EAT, PRAY, LOVE, mine: CLEAN, READ, BLOG.

But actually, they can work together:

EAT so I can have energy to CLEAN.
PRAY to have revelations & rich thoughts as I READ, and
LOVE the Lord above all to keep the inspiration going along as I BLOG. Isn't that neat? :)
(That was just a self-talk. Never mind.)

So, January will soon say good-bye. To February, I would like to say hi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...