Pages

Monday, January 02, 2012

2011 in Quarters

"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12 (NIV)
As I began to recollect the things I am thankful to the Lord for the past year, I know it would take me thousands of words to have them in print. But just having the intention of numbering & capturing the past days in chunks, I simply streamed it down to quarters.


FIRST QUARTER


[March 2011] Coming across with the Bethel Team again had welcomed my 2011 with new hopes, new dreams and rejuvenated faith. I was reminded once again that the Lord knows me --- evidenced by these people who spoke into my life, who are complete strangers by the way, but caught me surprised how exact their words were & how personal their questions and encouragements were! I know it's from the Lord as the spirit testifies. Exercising their gift of prophecy through the arts, they made and handed me these [Interpretation will be included whenever this blogger feels to do so]:












SECOND QUARTER


[April 2011] Our youngest sister finished her Civil Engineering course. Seeing her walk through the aisle together with the other students wearing black togas, accompanied by the timeless graduation march has left many witnesses speechless. No words would ever suffice such a ceremony. 




[May 2011] Something happened here:




It was both a surprise and not a surprise. Nonetheless, I got it. The Lord just wants me to smile. So I did. :)


THIRD QUARTER


[September 2011] I have always been familiar with Kutless Band. But they only came and sank into my senses, on a real deal after having seen them live. Being a music-lover, living a life of worship came afresh having their music always close --- within my reach & hearing. Their music never ceased to minister and encourage me. How I love them! But more than the band itself, I am so dying to know their songwriters. They sure do rock for Jesus. :)




FOURTH QUARTER


[October 2011] A dream came back to life when the Lord enabled me to start my blog. How my leisure time turned very exciting, productive and fulfilling! Finishing one post at a time never failed to warm my heart. :) Looking forward to more writing years ahead for the Lord.




[December 2011] My sister who marched on the second quarter, took an oath this last quarter. She, having passed the boards is now a full-pledged civil engineer! Who would have thought that the youngest among the immediate family and on both sides of clans is now able to face and tread the world on her own. The Lord be praised! 




[December 2011] Trekking the majestic heights of Hungduan, Ifugao left me overwhelmed and amazed by who our Creator is! Seeing 'all greens' more than my peripheral vision can capture made me feel what the psalmist wrote on Psalm 8:3-4,
"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"


It was a blessed 2011 in quarters indeed! Though there were struggles in between, the Lord's goodness far outweighs them all. Having this mind and heart, I have decided to live a life of ceaseless thanksgiving, incessant praise, and undying smiles.


So, before I put the keys to halt... Welcome 2012! I am anticipating your promising quarters, too.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...