Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Greens in their 30s

I love green. Well, obviously. 


Being known for that, I have been showered with green gifts from all over, of different sorts --- small & big, light & heavy, hard & soft, short & long, and the list goes on and on. Just name it. I have it.


With a room that is already full of green gifts around, there are two exceptional gifts in my keeping that deserve a space in my blog:




The emerald earrings and the sweet green/gold vase were given on two separate years, 2010 and the current, by Mom who never fails to hand me gifts - with or without occasion. With a letter given for each, she said that both were about 30 years old given by her mother and mother-in-law, respectively. And that now, she wants me to have it. :'(


I have always been happy receiving letters & notes from her, which I have carefully kept and preserved all these years. I wouldn't ask for more. Her words are enough to warm my heart. But nothing could ever be more touching now, having these 3-decade-old gifts in the package which are now in my keeping. 


If after another 30 years has come, gone and done, long after my prime years served me well enough, I shall also hand down these gifts-turned-legacies to safekeeping hands, same thing done by Mom.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...