Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Nest for Hot Potatoes

I do not know how to put potato and nest in a single post and instantly make sense out of it. You may even think and ask why I put together these two seemingly unrelated things. 


I hope I will be able to achieve this as I go along - as I was trying to sew my thoughts together since last night. If not for my readers, at least for myself.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Use hot potato in a sentence.


"Gun control is a political hot potato." [A problem that is so controversial or sensitive that those handling it risk unpleasant consequences]


 "I sure don't want to have to deal with that hot potato.[a difficult problem]


"Do not drop me like a hot potato." [to abandon something or someone quickly]


Taking my pick for this blog, I'd pick the third one. Have you been a hot potato yourself? As for me, sure thing. Many times. And maybe I have dropped someone else myself. To my friends, sorry if I did - I may have just been unaware of things, or it was really unintentional (Okay, that would mean another post. I need to go on).


I know how it feels to be dropped. Not just once, but twice - big time. Then now comes an echo of going thrice. In full honesty, I do not want it anymore. This dropping thing has to stop. My heart is already tired if it has to cope and survive again from a fall. 


The Lord took gentle years repairing the damages. And in His goodness, grace and mercies has caused me to discern that an another blow is coming right to my face - and that I need to look and focus unto Him, the Object of my faith, and the Lover of my soul.


"Take it one step at a time, my dear child. 
This time, in My wisdom, you know what to do." 


A hot potato doesn't need a bowl, or another hand to be passed yet again to the next. In his heart, he needs what he thinks is best. He needs to rest, he needs a


--- nest.
Yes, a nest it is. A refuge. A home.
A nest need not be fancy. It is actually just made of twigs, dried grass and leaves. Same thing, a refuge for human hearts need not be fancy, too. Sincerity, warmth and the assurance of just being there is more than enough. 


Sometimes all a person needs is a heart that understands. Enough of the blahs. Heard that. Been there. Expected that. A heart simply needs a place where his unheard soul finds listening ears for his long and painful journeys - - as the heart gathers strength to face life once again.


A hush. 
A hug. 
A nod.
And encouragements from the Word of God.


"Never will I leave you;
Never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5b (NIV)

"He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you."
Psalm 91:4-7 (NIV)

"... I know whom I have believed, and am convinced
that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day."
II Timothy 1:12b (NIV)


When all is again said and done, I know we have been called to stand and rise above our circumstances. By the Lord's spirit, power and might, let us fight the good fight of faith. Let us fight the battle and conquer.
So fellow potatoes, wherever we go, whatever befall, our dearest Lord will be there, to house us in His nest when we are headed for a big fall.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...