Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Teardrops on the Floor & Something About 13

* This is an overdue response to one of my previous posts. :)

Calling SG # 6.

It was our turn. After words of testimonies for the 7-day Leadership-Discipleship Camp were read & heard, our Small Group stood in the middle. Shortly, a chorus of audible, low key hushes and silent words of prayer enveloped us. With my hands still holding my SGmates, I heard sobs. I knew one of us was shedding tears.

Then I saw teardrops on the floor. 

I just didn't know who was it. I was trying to comprehend where that intense feeling was coming from. I knew it was something deep. Those were sobs that's been wanting to be heard, and those were tears that's been wanting to be dried. Soon after, Mia (not her real name), grabbed my hand and embraced me wholly.

Flood of tears and louder sobs came from Mia. She can't say anything. She just wept and wept. I took her aside and held her tight. We went outside. I watched her intently, saying silent words of prayer for her.

"This is our last night, Ate. I hope I can always talk to you." Then again, she cried.

Then to her I said, "The Lord loves you very much. Always remember that. He is Your Comforter and the Lifter of your head. I am here before you because of Him. I am just like you and may fail you at times. I have frailties and a complete set of weaknesses. But the Lord, He surely doesn't and will never fail you. It is by His grace I survived. And it is by the same I will continue to live.

You can live, you can rise, you can shine in and through Him."

There were more teardrops on the floor. I wanted to cry, too. I hugged her back, tucked her in. I couldn't say anything more. I completely know where she was coming from and how I wish our statistics would decrease.

Mia and I are both motherless. She's been living a motherless life for a year. I've been living mine for 18 years. And you know what more comes to that?

Both of our moms died on March 13th.

The Lord must have known all this and purposefully joined us together in SG. It is something you can't just make. It is something... divine.

To dear Mia, as surely as the Lord lives, you got me here. I will always be here to pray for you, and will surely remember you every March 13th. And I will remember the night you cried, the night I saw your teardrops on the floor.

Incalculable loss? Yes.
Experienced comfort from the Greatest Comforter? A bigger YES. 





3 comments:

Josephine said...

I just want to thank a dear friend who sent me SMS about this post:

~ Naiyak naman ako sa post mo. :'(
~ You just said healing words 'te... it healed mine.
~ Kakaiyak talaga.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... ♡ Keep writing! =)

Josephine said...

Thanks for reading & thanks for the kind words, Katerina. Never thought someone would unearth my post of years ago. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...