Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just Once

I know this is a very feminine thing to do but, these things came to mind:

~ I will do this just once *fingers crossed*.
~ I will do this while my eyesight is still serving me well.
~ I will do this while my hands are still steady.

So, I conditioned myself into this once in my lifetime project. I think it is good as I welcome the year. Something to start and something to finish. Want to guess what am I up to?


Just getting started
I'm into cross-stitchin'!


Yes, that's right. I will be cross-stitching my leisure time away alongside blogging. And since this will be done just once, I want to do a relatively big one.

The first few weeks of the new year, on separate occasions were devoted to selecting a pattern, buying cloth, needles, and little drawers to put the threads and some little stuff. I know how cross-stitch can get your work into a mess with the tangling and all so, a drawer/organizer is on the TOP list. Must be. 







One of the reasons I'm 100% into this was this pattern I saw on the store. It was love at first sight! How I fell for it! I knew it's the one!

"I want to do this!" was all I said. It was the image in my mind for sooo long that I've been wanting someone to sketch for me. But to my surprise, I now have the chance to do it myself not by sketching but, by stitching. 

True enough, the store owner said that the pattern was originally a painting converted to a cross-stitch pattern. It came into form through a painter's brush strokes and has now reached my hands to bring it to life through stitches!

I know I will be needing a lot of diligence and patience *so, help me God*. I will have it framed and will hang it on my wall. Then it will forever be mine. :)

A yard of cloth + 31 colored threads... What can these things show? I will let you know once this is all done. :)

Well then...

~ when my eyesight is already poor, 
~ when my hands are already shaky, 
~ when I am old and weary, 

at least I can look up to my wall and say, 
"Look at this project I did just once." :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...