Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Love Revisited on a Weekend

"The Lord loves us for who we are, 
not for what we should be", 

Jason Roy of Building 429 said over the mic in the midst of the crowd.

It struck me.
It gripped my heart
~ really.

It is comforting to know and be reminded over and over again that God's love is pure, deep, and genuine (and all other adjectives we can think of). It demands no performance on our part. He loved us from the beginning and He always will. We can walk with humble confidence, knowing the truth, living with the identity that Someone loves us so much ~ despite our lousy life, despite the sin, despite the mess.

The past 7 days took an unexpected toll on me. I know deep within, I needed to have a point of release or to simply shrug some tensions away. Encouragement seems nowhere.

A timely blessing Building 429 was on town, just this past weekend. I was ecstatic! I have been grooving over their songs for the past months, that I even posted about them in my Grooving For Something Light.

So, I decided to rock it all out and praise the Lord amidst the surrounding and awaiting odds. I took a few pictures (Sorry, I was not really focused into taking good pictures that time.) to remember one of my most-loved, blessed and encouraging weekends.

"The Lord loves us for who we are, 
not for what we should be."



The Lord's love has always a way of reaching, reminding and revisiting us. As for me, it happened on a weekend. 


--
My favorite Building 429 songs (You can check them out, too.):
~ Where I Belong
~ Listen to the Sound
~ You Save Me


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...