Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

List (5) : Life Verses

Blog Project, 2014 : List of 'not the least'

I do not know exactly how many life verse(s) this challenge originally requires. As I don't want to be limited to just one verse, I have included a few more.

I totally agree on the account penned on John 6:63-68 (emphasis & italics mine):


It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life . . .
Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

In response, I am sharing spirit and life on this page, on this space. Come, read along.



Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Philippians 3:7-9
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ, and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ  the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

II Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

II Samuel 24:24b
I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.

II Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

II Timothy 1:12
That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

I Samuel 16:7b
The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

II Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the field produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattles in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

I Corinthians 10:13b
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

John 16:33
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Psalm 138:8
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever — forsake not the works of Your own hands.

I Corinthians 16:14
Do everything in love.

Psalm 145:13b
The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.

Philippians 2:13
. . . for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Habakkuk 2:3
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

---

I have noted and marked these right at the time each verse gripped me. Some of which were written on my journals, directly highlighted on my Bible, posted as a status message on my social network page, and elsewhere, elsewhere, elsewhere. They're everywhere! So, I am really thankful that I have this space on my blog that from this time on, if any verse becomes a life verse, I will just keep on adding to this post. At least now, they are all here. Just here. Readily available in one reading. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...